Saturday, September 5, 2009

Still going

My vision for the truck is flat black, lowered, wide meats, and smoooooth. But I also want it to be a solid, safe, and reliable driver. The stock drum brakes, leafs at all four corners, and sloppy steering would not do.

I came across a company called E-Z Chassis Swaps that makes kits to adapt 50's pickups onto modern Chevy S10 chassis. The more I thought about it, the S10 made a lot of sense, particularly because parts are so hard to find for the Dodge. The S10 had nearly everything I needed: Disc brakes - check. IFS - check. Modern steering - check. GM Steering column - check. Cheap aftermarket and performance parts - check and check. This was a win-win in my mind. So I started researching E-Z Chassis Swaps and while they didn't have a kit specifically for Dodge, they did have a universal kit for under $1,000. I decided to go for it!

First, I needed the S10. I found a non-running one locally fr a few hundred dollars, dragged it home, and started tearing it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment